What are your goals for 2013? A few of our last few articles have talked about determining your eyesight and how to set SMART goals for 2013. Often, achieving goals takes a behavior change. Behavior change often requires opinions. Here is a good example of a good way to provide yourself feedback on whether you are achieving your goals. 1. A box to put small objects in. This is your GOALS responses jar. 3. A list of a few goals.
1. Pick key behaviors that lead to some of your goals. 2. Assign each behavior a specific color or object. 3. At the end of the day, see which behaviors you performed well. For every behavior you performed well, put the correct object in the jar. 4. Each week Set goals for yourself about how many objects you would like in the jar.
I will use color-coded sticky tabs to represent each behavior. Sleep 8 hours every night. I know I have one really busy day/night, so my goal this week is attaining this 6 out of 7 days. From the week By the end, I want 6 pink tabs in the jar. Drink 8 cups of water/day. At the end of the week, I want 7 blue tabs in the jar. Take 15 min each day to review my plans & key items due for the week/upcoming days. By the end of the week, I want 7 yellow tabs in the jar. Eat 5 portions of vegetables/day.
I’m not sure I’m prepared to commit fully to this yet, so my first goal is to have 3 tabs in the jar by the finish of the week. This week This will indicate that I fulfilled my goal 3 of seven days. Spend 30 min/day giving 100% of my attention to family & pets. By the end of the week, I’d like 7 red tabs in the jar.
- If you hardly ever exercise, multiply your BMR by 1.2
- 9 years ago from Wisconsin
- Pitta-kaarak or Kapha-naashak mudrā,
- Those who cannot achieve a healthy weight with diet and exercise
- A little sugar and salt intake
- Be continual and overcome
- 5 v 🇵🇰
- 66% of U.S. adults were overweight or obese from 2003 to 2004
Each evening, I put a shaded tab in the jar for each behavior I fully accomplished. At the end of the week I matter them up and see how close I am to my goals. I adjust how many tabs I want to accumulate in the upcoming week to keep my behaviors and goals realistic. Repeat this process until the new behavior is a habit.
With our forthcoming fitness and health challenge, now could be an enjoyable experience to give this process a try! This process can be utilized by you, or another similar someone to modify any work or behavior toward most goals. What are your goals? What behaviors do you want to change? What ways of responses and/or rewards do you find to work effectively? Share your opinions around in a post!
1 billion certified in the Prevention and Public Health Trust Fund in federal government fiscal year 2012. This estimate assumes that delivery capacity could reach fifteen million at-risk adults. Scaling the diabetes-avoidance program nationally through the Prevention and Public Health Trust Fund would be allowable under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act; however, there are currently no programs to exercise this program.